2020. I'm sure we can agree this year has been less than expected.
Did you declare this year will be the year you focus on lifestyle changes to promote a healthy mind and body?
Half of the year is just about over but we still have another year of new opportunities.
It is never too late to start working on those new year resolutions to be healthier and more mindful of your lifestyle choices. This article provides 6 steps to make healthy self-care choices for the rest of 2020:
1. Start the day with a nutrient-dense shake, such as the All-in-One Reset360 shake. It sets the metabolic tone for the day. The standard green protein shake consists of 2 tablespoons of soaked chia seeds, a handful of macadamia nuts, 1 tablespoon of MCT (medium chain triglyceride oil), and 2 tablespoons of freshly ground flax seeds.
2. Implement A Personal Time Out. If things get too crazy or you are feeling too stressed, try mindful breathing in a quiet space away from the chaos. You can even try an app like Headspace to help you practice lung capacity breathing and guided visualization.
3. Plan Your Splurges. “Plan” is the operative word. Don’t eat an extra serving in a moment of weakness, followed by a candy bar. Instead, allow for one splurge that you plan. A choice that you make, such as an extra serving of your favorite dish or snack. During this splurge, it is important to enjoy it by savoring the aroma and the taste, but notice when you feel full, and stop.
4. Nature Walks. This can be an important step. The science behind walking after eating is that it promotes a quicker metabolism, which helps your body process your meals faster. Cool air will wake your senses and you will be more likely to get through the day without your hormones and waistline taking a hit despite the busy schedule you find yourself attempting to adhere to.
5. A New Year of Yoga. It’s true. With your busy schedule, you may not have time for a full hot yoga session, the weather may not permit it depending on your location. This doesn't mean you can't take 20 minutes (or more!) in the morning before cooking begins to stretch and practice your favorite yoga poses as preparation for a stress-free day.
All that said, we don’t nourish ourselves by abstaining and denying, but by indulging in things that truly feed us. Keep healthy snacks on hand such as fruits, seeds, nuts, jerky, or our Super Power Bar.
For more tips on how to have a hormonally balanced lifestyle, check out Dr. Sara Gottfried’s book, The Hormone Reset Diet.