You may have low thyroid function, also called HYPO-thyroidism, and not know it.
When you combine hypothyroidism with the common low-thyroid symptom of brain fog, maybe a bit of depression, you end up with a perfect storm for feeling overwhelmed.
Even worse, disempowered about what to do next. This article highlights 6 of the most important facts about your thyroid.
Let’s talk the knitty gritty of your thyroid:
– TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) goes up when thyroid function is low.
– Your thyroid makes T1, T2, T3 and T4 but your mainstream doc will probably only check TSH, and maybe free T4.
– T3 is 4-fold more potent than T4, because T3 is the active form of thyroid hormone.
6 of The Most Important Facts about Your Thyroid:
1. In 2002, the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) lowered the normal range for TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) to 0.3-2.5. Most docs don’t know this and are still using the old, pre-2002 range! Laboratories too.
2. Many folks are thyroid resistant, defined by a high reverse T3 and low free T3.
3. Broadening the lab diagnostic criteria to thyroid levels above 3 would suggest more than 13 million Americans are likely to be defined as hypothyroid. That’s a lot of people!
4. Keep your free T3 in the top half of the normal range, and TSH in the lower half of the normal range, and all is good. Bonus points if you keep your reverse T3 in the lower half of the normal range!
5. Women are 10 times more likely to have thyroid problems than men, which is part of the reason that thyroid often gets overlooked or dismissed!
6. If you have the triad of weight gain, fatigue and depression–think thyropause. It’s a common cause of these symptoms especially for women starting in their 40s.
Talk with your healthcare provider if you experience some of the above symptoms or you have been diagnosed with thyroid dysfunction.
Start your recovery journey with Set Point, a well-rounded formula developed for women over the age of 35 who feel their metabolism might be slower due to aging, adrenal or thyroid dysfunction.
Each packet addresses multiple body systems that contribute to weight gain, not just in the body, but also in the brain. It includes targeted supplements for healthy thyroid function and metabolism, includes one of Reset360s MultiTasker (multivitamins) and Omega Love’s Omega 3’s for a healthy heart and mood support.