You will need:
- 4 cups bone broth from an organic chicken or filtered water
- 1-2 cups of two to five vegetables, roughly chopped, such as celery or celeriac, green beans, kale, chard with stems, zucchini, cabbage (I prefer purple for the rich color), onion.
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs such as parsley or tarragon
- Juice of one meyer lemon
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Maldon sea salt, to taste
- Using a stockpot, place chopped vegetables and cover with bone broth or filtered water. Add ginger root. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 40 minutes. When complete, add herbs, lemon juice, and turmeric powder.
- Strain broth and drink as much as you want when hungry throughout the day.
- Vegetables can be added to shakes if not too mushy, or puréed for a heartier soup.
Will keep in the refrigerator for 72 hours.