You will need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 russet potato, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups organic chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slivered almonds to garnish
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat andsauté the onions and garlic until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and potato and continue cooking for about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes until the potato is fork-tender.
- Add tahini.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth and velvety or transfer to a blender and purée.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with almonds. (For extra flavor, toast the almonds or add a splash of lemon.)