If there's anything the last 2 years have taught us, being resilient is not easy, but it's worth the challenge. 2021 was full of uncertainty and unknowns - so many things happened that impacted our health, happiness, and sense of safety. But even with all these challenges thrown at us, I believe we've all grown stronger.
But besides COVID and other uncontrollable factors, what can we do right now to take charge of our destiny? What's can we control that will help improve the quality of our lives? There are lots! I want to focus on my top 5 health-related areas that you can focus on right now for growth.
1. Boost Your Immune System
Ever wonder why this is number one? It's a no-brainer. While many things affect our health, the beauty in preventative medicine comes when we make ourselves stronger and more resilient. The good news - there are so many things you can do to boost your immune system! And while this may be quite a deep conversation for some or very individualized based on conditions/ predispositions; here are a few simple suggestions for today:
- Turkey Tail Mushrooms (and can add Reishi and Maitake) are potent immune stimulators - they stimulate white cells, which helps protect against illnesses. Turkey Tails have been studied extensively in cancer studies because of their ability to support the body while undergoing certain types of therapies; it's no wonder why more people should be taking this powerful superfood!
- Vitamin D is an essential vitamin for the body's immune system. It helps regulate inflammation and support T cells, protect against pathogens by boosting your immunity with its potent healer properties that are also helpful in fighting off infection! Find Reset360 Plan D Here.
- Introduce more superfoods to your diet. They can help with weight loss, increased energy, cleansing, and improved mental clarity. Superfoods are also extremely nutritious, a.k.a it's why they are considered "super". But superfoods are not always easy to find or prepare, so I love something like the Reset360 Super Greens drink! A single scoop gives you nutrient-dense foods like barley, wheatgrass, spirulina, and more. It's definitely worth adding to the mix in 2022.
--> Find Super Greens Here
Goal: Choose at least one immune-boosting diet, food, or supplement and add it to your nutrient regimen.
2. Meditation and Visualization
Meditation is amazing. It's scientifically proven to reduce stress, depression, and anxiety while enhancing feelings of peacefulness in individuals who meditate regularly! Meditation also helps you focus on one thought at a time, and it can bring clarity about your goals or problems for this day if used creatively with visualization techniques.
A great visualization is seeing positive outcomes before they happen or practicing self-compassionate thoughts daily (allowing ourselves compassion even when we don't want it). If these benefits aren’t enough, let's talk sleep - studies show people who mediate often experience better quality slumber because their minds are clearer and their muscles more relaxed.
Goal: You can positively influence your life by adding 10 minutes of meditation per day and visualizing yourself achieving goals. To create these images, either imagine what you want to see happen or go with something that makes YOU feel good!
3. Perform a cleanse or detox
I love a good detox! It's been my go-to for the past few years. Not only does it help me get on track with all things health, but also boosts creativity and self-development which is something we should be doing every day anyway right?
Many people would enjoy trying this but don't know where to start. I highly recommend any of the detox programs available at Reset360. All the programs are based on the fantastic work of Dr. Sara Gottfried MD and can help reset core hormonal function and balance your body.
Check out detox options here.
4. Discover Your Vitamin Genetics
There are many ways to get insights into your vitamin needs and their risks. One way is through genetic testing. For instance, we can see if you have significant methylation defects, which means an increased need for specific B-vitamins like folate or choline will help with everything from making neurotransmitters in your brain down to molecules involved in energy production! Or perhaps some difficulty producing enough glutathione – an antioxidant needed for cell repair when inflammation reaches high levels? Or maybe you hold onto too much iron. Genetic vitamin testing can help pinpoint exactly what your body does and doesn't need.
5. Bump Up Your Joy
Now is the time to consciously pursue joy. It's never too late, and you can make a difference in your life by bringing more happiness into it! What brings me joy? How often do I let myself enjoy things like coffee on the beach or running with my dog for no other reason than because they're fun (or doing something healthy)? I think we all need an active pursuit of positive emotions that lead us toward fulfillment now as well as long-term health. The possibilities are endless so take this chance right NOW, don't wait for joy to show up, create it!
Goal: Every day acknowledge 5 small (or big!) things that give you goy and give gratitude for these! Plan at least one fun-filled thing per month that you can look forward to!
I hope this helps and look forward to contributing more to our awesome community!
Going forward, I'm excited to share more about my new Energy Reset course launching on the Reset360 App in February. Until then, focus on your 2022 goals and take action!
In love, health and light,
Dr. Angila Jaeggli, ND