Your Cart is Currently Empty
Tonight, I’m drinking organic red wine with my husband. It’s from Napa, California. Pinot noir, because it’s highest in resveratrol, which mimics caloric restriction in its effect on keeping you young. Caloric restriction? You’ve probably heard it increases lifespan, but it’s one of those longevity boosters that makes me run for the hills. No, thanks! I don't want to lengthen my life if it's miserable! Instead, I’m interested in those offensive and defensive moves that extend the glory of middle age for as long as possible; the daily choices that extend healthspan, the length of time you feel awesome and healthy, rather than tired, burned out, inflamed, and infirmed. I’m not interested in increasing longevity if it means that I am (or you are) lying in a hospital with multiple organ failure, or otherwise unable to hang out with the grandkids or great-grandkids or enjoy a fine glass of wine. Or restricting my calories and partially starving myself. I assume you aren’t interested in those either. Healthspan is about the day-to-day choices that defy your genetic tendencies and fight diseases of aging, such as cancer, Alzheimer’s disease (“What?” is my husband’s cheeky response any time I talk about the big “A”), and arthritis. Here’s the coolest part: the latest scientific evidence suggests that only about 10 percent of your risk of disease is due to genetics; the other 90 percent comes from those daily choices that you make about how you live you life. The Problem of Aging Unfortunately, aging begins secretly in your body at a very early age. Maybe you noticed when turning 35 or 40 that metabolism becomes less forgiving. Most women start to notice aging in their forties, when fat starts to accumulate (but not in the places we want), staying fit grows harder, and vision falters. You start holding the newspaper a little further away in order to focus your blurry vision. You can no longer get away with sharing a bottle of wine with your husband. Welcome to MIDDLE AGE, defined as 40 to 65. The key is to arrest aging on or before the end of middle age. But before you pour yourself another glass of wine to lament the facts of aging, let me share some good news with you. Fortunately, due to advanced medicine and recent scientific breakthroughs, middle age now offers a profound opportunity to change the course of your life and reprogram your genes and your body. I urge you to take this opportunity seriously before decay, or what we can refer to as accelerated aging, leads not just to thinning hair but to alarming diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease or breast cancer. If those diagnoses seem abstract and irrelevant to you now, allow me to gently remind you that by the year 2030, 20 percent of the population will be 65 or older (compared with 13 percent in 2010), ((Vincent, G. K., et al. The next four decades: The older population in the United States: 2010 to 2050. No. 1138. US Department of Commerce, Economics and Statistics Administration, US Census Bureau, 2010.)) consisting mostly of baby boomers. New cases of Alzheimer’s will rise by 35 percent, ((Hebert, Liesi E., Laurel A. Beckett, Paul A. Scherr, et al. "Annual incidence of Alzheimer disease in the United States projected to the years 2000 through 2050." Alzheimer Disease & Associated Disorders 15, no. 4 (2001): 169-173.)) while new cases of breast cancer are expected to rise by 50 percent. ((“ U.S. Breast Cancer Cases Expected to Increase by as Much as 50 Percent by 2030,” American Association for Cancer Research http://www.aacr.org/Newsroom/Pages/News-Release-Detail.aspx?ItemID=708#.VUJpv61VhBc, accessed April 30, 2015; Eryn Brown, “Breast cancer cases in U.S. projected to rise as much as 50% by 2030,” Los Angeles Times, April 20th, 2015, http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-breast-cancer-cases-2030-20150420-story.html, accessed April 30, 2015.)) Please don’t be one of them. Your Opportunity: Upgrade Your DNA Protocol I want to help you make the most proven choices, day-to-day, in a new ecourse tentatively titled, Upgrade Your DNA. It’s a functional medicine protocol that I want to share with a few hundred of my closest friends, family, and beloved followers. It’s the basis of my next book, and it’s super exciting. It may even be part of a new documentary! I’m learning about so many surprisingly small but impactful things you can do to slow down the clock, and look and feel younger. It’s not about fillers or weird injections: it’s about the profound but proven ways you can reset your cells and how they express your DNA.
Want to change the inner world of your DNA and how it’s expressed? Click here to learn more and get insider information
- Achieve dramatic results and transform your health and life;
- Calculate your HealthspanScoreTM, and track it over time so that you stay young;
- Learn the insider secrets that impact your body, environment, and mind when it comes to de-aging;
- Discover your top 12 genes and how to improve the way they are expressed in your body, so that you lose pounds, gain muscle and confidence;
- Create a customized protocol to combat your own healthspan hot spots – which may be problems such as weight, food, sleep, relationship, purpose – so that you can look and feel younger;
- Develop expertise in the new field of genomics, and the practical lifestyle tweaks that are needed to live long and well (ideal for health practitioners and citizen sciences who love to be on the cutting edge);
- Inject new enthusiasm into your health journey and avoid burnout.
- You are busy but whelmed. Not overwhelmed. If you’re getting married or going on vacation, don’t worry, because you’ll get lifetime access. I’ll be offering weekly Q&A with me, but if you miss it, it will be recorded and transcribed. Every module will be available to you online. But if you’re chronically overwhelmed, this ecourse is not going to fix you. Start with my New York Times bestseller, The Hormone Cure, specifically chapter 4 on cortisol!
- You are looking for a lifestyle protocol with a strong foundation in functional medicine, the systems-based approach that is personalized, predictive, preventive, and participatory.
- You want more than just a wide range of ideas, you want a system—a model that focuses on the lifestyle choices most crucial to success.
- You are ready to put in the hours to make a major shift in your life and health. No program works unless you work it. If you’re expecting my new ecourse to magically solve all of your problems., please do not complete the notification form. This is not some miracle weight loss program designed to make you de-age in 3 days. Transformation takes work, and I want to partner with the people who will actually implement the material. That matters to me.