Top 5 Health Apps I Love (And You Know I’m Not A Big Lover o’ Apps)
Posted on 30 August 2012
Way too much going on to take care of yourself? Chillax’ and let your phone be your new bestie. You won’t even have to remember its birthday or lend it your favorite skirt. With just a simple touch, your phone now can keep track of all sorts of important personal health stuff just for you. All you have to do is give it the right friggin’ tools to support you. Short version: Download a few apps and you’re good to go. No need to stress about about which of the many new health apps out there are best. That’s what you’ve got me for. As a Harvard-trained gynecologist who also happens to be a woman and who also runs on overdrive, I want all the tech assist I can stuff into my phone. ‘Course, I only want the best apps perched on my bandwith. So here’s my list of the top 5 health apps I’m lovin’ on my smartphone right now: 1. Menstrual Calendar – Need to know when to try to make a baby? Or not to? Or simply to book a winter getaway to Palm Beach when airfares on sale? Now there are apps that track all your lady business for you! How great is that? Apps To Track Your Menstrual Cycle:
- Free Menstrual Calendar, By Tamtris: cost $0.00 – A really great basic calendar.
- iPeriod, By Winkpass Creations, Inc: cost $1.99 – A more tailored fit for those willing to pay for it.
- Nike+ Running App, By Nike: cost $0.00 – Can't ask for a better price than that!
- Sleep 101, By Zeo: cost $0.00 – calculates how well you are sleeping, and has a special alarm to optimize restfulness.
- Zeo Sleep Manager Pro, by Zeo: cost $99.00 – expensive, but well worth the investment, the headband sensor helps to pinpoint your REM and deep sleep, giving you the most accurate advice possible for an app
- Buddha’s Brain, By Stallic, Ltd: cost $4.99 – Based on the bestselling book by the same name, this app can help you achieve a better grounded self.