What You Don’t Know About Allergies May Be Causing You Unnecessary Suffering
Posted on 01 April 2014
When my son Cody was born, what should have been the happiest time of my life quickly became a nightmare.
At three months old, my baby was plagued with allergies – and I don’t mean simple rashes and sneezing. Cody suffered from a range of severe allergic reactions, including hives and intense rashes that wouldn’t go away. Things only got worse over time and we had to carry a medical injection devise to open his airways and save his life in emergencies.Needless to say, I was disappointed…in the doctors, the treatments and in myself as a mother. I was scared for my son’s life and for his future. My long journey to understand this medical condition had begun. I took post-graduate programs in allergies and environmental medicine. I read endless medical studies and books. I contacted doctor after doctor in my search for the answers. The result? Four years later, my son Cody was 100 percent allergy free. Today he is studying at a university and has no allergies at all. What began as a mother’s search to save her son evolved into a comprehensive program and book, The 7-Day Allergy Makeover. Now, I’d like to share some facts with you about allergies that may surprise you – and open your eyes to the possibility that more of us suffer from allergies than most people realize.
1. Allergies don’t always show visible signs.It is a common mistake to associate all allergies with symptoms like runny nose, water eyes (hay fever symptoms) or severe inflammation (as in people with shellfish or peanut allergies). These are what are known as IgE or severe allergic reactions caused by acute inflammation. But there are numerous less “common” symptoms that people don’t realize could be caused by allergies; symptoms like fatigue, insomnia, lack of concentration, stomach bloating and even joint pain and anxiety. These can all be caused by allergies!
2. Our environments are loaded with allergens.Allergens are carried in our furniture, our cars, and even the very air we breathe and water we drink. Toxic chemicals and fungi are two very common types of allergens that may be hidden in our every-day environments.
3. Your skin is overloaded with allergens.If you’re using beauty products and soaps with chemicals in them (sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens, and phthalates, just to name a few) you are wearing your body down with chemical allergens. Your pores are permeable; you will absorb whatever you apply on your skin!
4. Dairy alternatives? Be careful!You ever wonder why you feel bloated and gassy after that vegetarian meal or cup of dairy-free ice cream? One of the most common allergies I’ve seen is to soy. While avoiding dairy is essential for healing your allergies, replacing it with soy can give you terrible digestion and leave you tired. Try almond or coconut options instead.
5. Only seven types of foods cause the majority of food allergies.The seven foods that account for the vast majority of allergic sensitivities are dairy products, gluten products (wheat, barley and rye), sugar, alcohol, peanuts, eggs, and mold-containing foods (such as many dried fruits, moldy cheeses, and mushrooms). By eliminating or even reducing your intake of these foods you can help reset your body’s load of allergens and eliminate your allergy symptoms.
6. Allergies can be healed all-naturally.The good news is that allergies can be healed all-naturally, without drugs, creams, or medication. By improving the quality of seven key areas in our lives, we can rid ourselves of the buildup of allergens and toxins in the body. You will restore vibrant health from the inside out! I wrote The 7-Day Allergy Makeover for everyone suffering from allergy symptoms – the obvious ones and the not-so-obvious ones. I believe that if you’re not operating at your optimal level of health and if you’re dealing with chronic symptoms every day, then you have hidden allergies. Learn more about allergies and how to overcome them at: www.the7dayallergymakeoverbook.com
Susanne Bennett, MD Dr. Susanne Bennett has been promoting vibrant, natural health for over twenty-four years and is the founder of the Wellness for Life Center in Santa Monica, California. As one of the country’s leading natural allergy specialists, she believes that everyone can regain their energy, vitality, and optimum health by honoring the body’s innate healing powers. Her book The 7-Day Allergy Makeover is available for purchase at Barnes & Nobles, from Amazon, and on her website, www.drsusanne.com.